Re: CA info: Registration restrictions (was: Good news for

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: CA info: Registration restrictions (was: Good news for
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:33:46 -0600
I live in western Canada and in my province of Alberta we do not have any
real smog rules for antique and classic cars.  They are a  big thing here
and are appreciated by most people.  That's the way it should be everywhere.
I have had another classic a few years back and barely had time to run it.
It is really a joke that they have to be legislated since I put nominal
miles on mine.  That is partially because of short spring and summer seasons
too.  How much could one classic contribute to pollution when it is hardly
ever driven.  And most are restored to new conditions.  I have seen beaters
that are 15 years old that belch out tons of smoke.  These should be fixed
or sent to the crusher.  Not really  a rant.  Larry.