Re: Fuel line route - '68 2000cc

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: Re: Fuel line route - '68 2000cc
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:47:31 -0400
Twenty years ago in Texas (think 100 degree summer days), after removing
the unused manifold water jacket and fuel return hoses, I chose to
re-route the fuel line in front of the radiator, tucked into the
U-channel of the radiator support, then aft, tipping the banjo fittings
to route the hose outboard of the Solexes, precisely to keep the fuel
line away from engine and manifold heat.  Even though I'm unaware of any
fuel fire ever having been reported on these cars, the stock fuel line
and banjo fittings sitting over the top of the exhaust manifold is none
too swift, IMHO.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex