RE: Ball joints revisited - is there a factory alternative??

To: "'Hall, Phillip'" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>,
Subject: RE: Ball joints revisited - is there a factory alternative??
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:47:42 +0930
The taper of the two SIDE ROD BJs is IDENTICAL to that of the P(L)510.
I have already replaced the one piece side rods with three piece 510
hardware, two BJs and one threaded rod.
This setup also allows an adjustment of the toe since they are LH and RH
threaded BJs.
I will check the taper issue when I get the Homer BJs.
Just an educated guess but Nissan may have carried that taper right through
the different models, like they have done with a zillion other little bits!

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510
1972 PL510
1973 HS30
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide
South Australia.

  Now, back to ball joints - we need an upper and lower with the correct
taper.

Phil
SEROC