mirrors

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: mirrors
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:23:02 -0700
Looking over some of the responses for my paint question brought up a
few other questions.  Did any roadsters come from the factory with
fender mirrors on both sides?  Mine had the skinny neck style but did
any come with the bullet style ones?  Also, since there will be a new
dash in this car, I'm trying to decide if I want to use the rear view
mirror or not.  It's been 10 yrs since I've driven a roadster and I
don't remember if it was that useable with either a plastic rear window
or a folded top restricting the view.   I'm  most interested in having
the safest view behind me so I can see under any SUV that will be
bearing down on me.  Sorry, if this talk offends any of the purists out
there!  I understand and appreciate your viewpoint but this is going to
be a very non-original version of the car.  Thanks for your opinions.

Gary Tew
early 67 1600
Peoria, AZ