Re: 2.0 Intake Manifold Questions

To: 727gs@db3broadband.com, Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2.0 Intake Manifold Questions
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:19:11 EST
Steve,

    The three ports on the top of the manifold can be  plugged. They are BSPT
(British Standard Pipe Threads) that the normal American  plugs don't fit
very well. I've got OEM Nissan plugs that have the correct  threads if you are
interested.
    I don't recommend plugging the water ports. Having  the water flow
through the manifold warms it faster reducing the need for the  choke,
especially in
the winter. Had one car with it bypassed and I had to use  the choke for a
long time after the engine was completely warmed up in the  winter. The carbs
atomize the fuel and the warm manifold vaporize it. In a race  car you
generally
don't care how badly it runs before it gets warmed up but in a  street car
you do.

keith williams

In a message dated 2/20/2005 5:59:34 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,