RE: japanese roadster shop

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: japanese roadster shop
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:30:57 -0800
My guess would be that it's an aftermarket seat reupholstered to match the
original, with the headrest added. I suppose it's possible to modify an
original seat, but why would you want to? You would lose the folding back,
the shape of the cushions would have to be changed, you'd have to fabricate
the plastic guard around the lap belt, etc. Seems like it would be easier
just to apply the original-style material to a modern seat.