Volvo Brake caliper "PADS"

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Volvo Brake caliper "PADS"
From: "J.E." <srldatsun@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
Picked up my Volvo calipers today.  Right off noticed that the pads were
different on one of the calipers.  One is the double slotted just like the pic
at 311's site.  http://www.311s.org/tech/brakes/volvobrakes.html   The other is
single slotted with tapered sides. Significantly less surface area.  I said no
thanks and wanted the same pads.  So he gave me a set of Raybestos RPD43A Pads.
I can see lots of metal filings in the Raybestos. He said these are better than
the other two that came with the calipers.  I'm I getting hosed?  I'm not
familiar with brake pads, but like the double slotted one's that are on 311's
site.  Anyone know the brand and number on those.  Or are the Raybestos pads
really much better and I should stick with them.  Which one's leaves all the
black dust all over the rims?

Thanks,
Jeff
Rockaway NJ