RE: A Couple of engine questions

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: A Couple of engine questions
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:49:19 -0700
Yeah, that one's a ton of fun to get at, isn't it? I usually wind up kind of
"embracing" the carbs and passing an open-end wrench back and forth from
right-hand fingertips to left-hand fingertips. Just pray the PO still had
the small manifold nuts that use a 12mm wrench rather than the
hardware-store ones that require a 13mm.

I've found that with some headers you can actually pull the head with the
manifolds still attached. Pulling the starter first helps a lot, but I've
managed to do it on my car without even doing that. You wind up standing up
in the engine compartment and wrestling the whole mess up off the engine.