Re: Replacement Gas cap

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement Gas cap
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:28:11 -0500
>Mark (Stickerman) Dent

> I just took the locking pin out of mine.  2 screws and it comes right out,
> makes your original cap work as a regular cap

Thanks, Mark. I thought of that while I was in the shower after I'd sent the
post. It's been a busy, tiring, couple of days for me. Drove up to Arlington
(130 miles each way) yesterday afternoon to get my compressor and then spent
most of today sorting the store room, then moving all of the stuff that came
with the 2000, including the SR20de and tranny.

By the time we decided we'd done enough today, my son an I were both pretty
beat and not thinking real clearly I guess. Tomorrow I'll tackle the
non-functioning gas gauge, clean things up a bit and see if I can maybe shim
the upper tensioner to quiet the noisy chain a bit. The exhaust pipe sound
like it's banging on something, too, so I want to take a look at that. Mike
had mentioned that the clutch was acting a bit funny, although I didn't
notice anything terribly strange, but it can't hurt to flush and bleed the
clutch hydraulics, either.

I'm also thinking about replacing the outside mirror with something a bit
larger and that I can get a matching right side unit to go along with it.
I've use the Baby Tornados on 510s for years, but I think they'd look too
big on the 2000, plus being black. I'll just look around and see what's
available.

Ron