RE: Wheel stud follow-up

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel stud follow-up
From: "Brian Hollands" <bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:19:38 -0400
You can grind a flat in the head with anything.  I'd use a bench grinder
personally.  A drill with a rotary stone on it will work but will take a
while.  If the flat is ground into the head, welding is un-necessary.
.472 should work fine for the front hubs.  I pulled .486 ARP's into my
front hubs.  That'll be a bit big for the rear hubs.  I to had to turn
the studs I used down to make them fit.  Given that the flat keeps the
stud from rotating on the fronts, the depth of the knurl isn't so
critical in my opinion.

Brian Hollands
CSP '69 Datsun 2000
Tampa, FL