Labor day fun

To: "Roadsters (Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net)"
Subject: Labor day fun
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 06:57:53 -0500
Hey Roadster fans

Sounds like everyone had a great time at Andrew's this weekend.  Our leader
Brad is planning a similar SEROC BQ at his house in October and I am going
to do my best to make it.  I really need time just to drive my Roadster.
Got to work at 6:00 this morning to fill in for my sick assistant, but she
made it in - yaa.  So little time to play with my Roadster....  Gary - I
liked your list - yes, we are crazy - just ask my wife:)  Let me add one.
My son gave me a Roadster die cast for my b'day and I was more excited about
it then my wife's gift - ooops..  But hey, it is the nice 1500 red number
33.  (wife's gift was a garage door opener for my shop - it is nice too)

I have built patterns for a roll bar.  A guy at work has a mandrel bender
for 1 5/8 inch tubing, but I am afraid that is too small - I could pad it.
He builds drag race car frames.  I did put a 2 1/2 inch aluminum air dam on
the front of the '66 and with the air scoop it actually looks pretty good.
Had a good time at Roger's house and his 7 Roadsters.  He is thinking about
selling out.  I hope not - he is a hoot and wish I had more time to play at
his house.  Roger - get that silver solex 2 liter going!

This labor day we went to LA (Lower Alabama) to see the in-laws.  Killed a 3
foot rattle snake with 7 rattles while scooping out an area for a pond.
That will get the blood moving.... I had the advantage with a 4 foot stick -
that will teach me to leave the 45 in the car.  Then the hurricane came in
and we had to get out - my daughter is scared to death of storms.  So, back
to Huntsville.  I did have time to put my new H&R sway bars on the MB C320
Coupe.  Boy, did that change the handling!  26mm front and 19mm back.  Stock
is ~ 19mm front and pencil mm back.  With the poly bushings and solid end
links I do get more tire noise, but the trade is worth it.  Of course, now
the rain is here and I can't put my new bars to a test.

Glad to see all the new guys and Roadster owners on the list.  Just proves
Roadsteritis is still a feared disease - to our wives:)

OK, back at it.  You all have a great day!!

Phil
SEROC