Re: Cutting parts away

To: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting parts away
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:35:05 -0400
Andy-
The stock trunk lid weighs either 11 or 13 lbs (can't remember which),
so there is some weight to be lost there that isn't trivial.  I was
able to get the weight of a trunklid down to about 2 lbs, using carbon
fiber/kevlar construction.

You will also gain some by switching to coilovers, but by the time you
add in the supporting structure you need to properly convert everything
over, it won't be as much as you think.

Good luck with your weight reduction.  You've been doing a lot of work
on the car.  sounds like fun!

Best regards,
Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI