Re: Wheels and lug nuts?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels and lug nuts?
From: Scott Occhiuto <calabria1922@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 07:52:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

Just another input, although it may not apply to these
wheels, since we don't have enough information on
them.

I went through this process a year ago with my
"swastika" production wheels from a 1983 280ZX turbo,
15x6.  Those particular wheels have factory lugs that
are 0.75" diameter on the shank, NOT 0.73".  In trying
to find 7/16" lugs, the closest I was able to find
were the 0.73" that are mentioned on the list, in
addition to the standard 0.68".  These particular
production wheels are centered on the hub using the
shank.  Several wheel experts said the 0.020"
difference between the production lugs and the 0.73"
ones was too much and you run the risk of the wheels
coming loose due to potentially being off center and
working themselves loose.

My solution was stumbled upon by pure luck.  A couple
hours in a metal scrap yard found some tubing that was
0.748 OD and 0.68 ID - just the perfect sleeve to fit
the 0.75" holes in the wheels and using standard 0.68"
7/16" lugs.

Good luck my friend and let us know how we can help.

Scott Occhiuto
Everett, WA.