Re: Lucky Day

To: twobeaners@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucky Day
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:26:45 EDT
Mike,

       That is actually a legitimate concern. I don't think I would go with a
solid hard steel pin, but, I have taken apart transmissions with the Spirol
type pin. In the ones I've seen using the stronger pin did not cause anything
else to break. My opinion is that the OEM pin is marginal. On one car I saw the
owners small children had been playing in the car shifting the gears and
sheared one of the pins. Perhaps someone with more racing experience can let us
know if they had problems caused by the stronger pin.

keith