Re: Help in Rotating Steering Wheel...

To: jmr407@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Help in Rotating Steering Wheel...
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:43:48 -1000
"jmr 407":

A 7/8ths inch socket fits very nicely for
removal/replacement.  Sorry I don't know the
thread pitch or whether it's metric or
SAE.

Mine is currently back together (while I consider
which other of the great ideas I received from the
List to pursue next).
"Brute force" approaches didn't do it for me.
Maybe, "the big rubber mallet", before going to
"pullers", if the mallet doesn't
work for me - not much room to "swing it" ;-).

Thanks again to all those who contributed ideas!

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona