Visit to the Much Talked about, but Seldom Seen, Roadster Ranch

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Visit to the Much Talked about, but Seldom Seen, Roadster Ranch
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:41:43 +0000
For all:
Last Sunday I took a trip up into Northern Virginia
to the foothills of the Smokey Mountains to look
at a Sunbeam Tiger.  Well, the Tiger was too far
gone for me to consider (E-mail me sepcor if anyone
is interested, the guy needs to divest himself of it
before 01 April).  But, this trip put me very close
to Craig Halstead and his roadster collection.
So, 20 minutes later I arrived at this very cool
house on the side of a mountain, with a
vast array (more than 20, I think)of garage
stalls arranged around.  I got a complete tour,
and each stall had one or two roadsters in it,
except for the ones that were packed with
parts of all descriptions.  The cars ranged
in condition from nice drivers to picked over
parts cars.  Wheels were turning in my head,
as we sat on the porch overlooking the
mountains, there were many possibilities of
putting together 67.5 2000s, iron head
single carb 1500s, on out to aluminum
V8 specials......

Thanks very much for the Hospitality,
Craig!  I have already built the aluminum
V8 Roadster Tiger Killer in my head.....
Much better styling than the frumpy
butt of those Sunbeams!
Best Regards,
Jim