RE: Gas Storage

To: "'Fred Schroeder'" <roadster2@texoma.net>,
Subject: RE: Gas Storage
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:53:18 -0800
I use Avgas (101 low lead) in our race car (Formula Vee).  The C/R is about
8.5 to 1.  I have never had storage problems.  The dyno shows about a 1 HP
increase on Avgas (62 vs 61).

As you implied the government gets pissed if you use it in a street car
because you are avoiding taxes.

Sometimes it is a pain in the ass to get it.  Once in a while the pump guy
at the airport wants you to prove you have an airplane.  I now use my
friend's tail number.

One other story.  The race car is blue so I got blue fuel jugs.  We went to
Road America for a race.  In Wisconsin it is illegal to pump any fuel into
blue containers.  Blue is reserved for water.  I had to buy some red
containers from the guy at the airport.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.