list activity

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: list activity
From: "Brian" <b.dooley1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:11:08 -0700
I've been off the list for quite a while as I worked on bringing my 67.5 back
to life.  Just thought I'd say hello and maybe give a quick rundown of my car
as it is now.  Some of you may remember it was FJ20 powered a while back.  It
now sports an SR20det with mild mods.  I have not finished tuning it yet and
am only running five pounds of boost.  It has though already well exceeded my
expectations.  The car is fast.  Actually, that might be a bit of an
understatement as I have already broken the rearend on my first outing of drag
racing.  Traction is an obvious problem as well.  I am currently looking at a
couple of types of rear flares.  The new rearend I'm working on will also
sport disk brakes from an R32 Skyline GT-R.  I have almost finished the front
Porsche 944 turbo brake swap and hope to soon be able to stop as quickly as I
accelerate.  Suprisingly, the handling does not seem to have been compromised
at all, even with the turbo and all it's plumbing.  I guess the all aluminum
design helped with that.  Anyways, that is what I've been up to for the past
year.
                                                Brian
                                            '67.5 Fairlady w/SR20det
                                            '72 510 w/SR20det