Re: List activity

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List activity
From: Michael Spreadbury <michaelspreadbury@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:58:05 -0700
At 07:23 PM 10/16/2002 -0400, PLETCH5@aol.com wrote:
>What we need is a good ol' fashion pissin match again.  Let's see....
>1) slam a vendor
>2) 1600 or 2000 which is better
>3) Solex or SU
>4) low windshield or high windshield
>5) you fill in blank =)

Ok Ken, I will play!

It is a beautiful 84-degrees up here in Oregon today, and I have been out
enjoying the last of the summer in my SR powered roadster before the
inevitable rains come.

I dynoed the SR20DE powered 1966 Datsun Roadster last weekend, and as
expected the results were outstanding!  Here is the dyno sheet:

http://www.datsuns.com/Tech/dyno/sr20de-roadster.gif

130hp to the rear wheels, and 117.6 ft.lbs. of torque which will still get
you 35+ mpg at 80+ mph on the freeway. Anyone have a dyno sheet for a U20
with Solexes?

Yes, you can have the best of both worlds, clean power, and excellent
reliability, and none of those unobtainium U20 timing chains... ;)

Go for an engine swap this winter, and get out and enjoy these cars!

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/msSR20swap1/intro.html

Michael "After the first cut, it's easy" Spreadbury
Corvallis, Oregon

1966 Datsun Roadster (with SR20DE power)
1967 Datsun Roadster (SR20DET project)
1969 Datsun Roadster (SR20DE project)
1970 Datsun Bluebird SSS Coupe (SR20DET/6-speed project)