Timing stuff

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing stuff
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:07:17 -0700
List,

My car is still not running very well.  I've switched out the
points/plugs/condensor/rotor/and cap with new Nissan parts.  I checked
the resistor and that is fine. The car will run well for the first 10-20
minutes then feel sluggish under load.  This normally happens around
3000-4000 rpm.  One of the things that I noticed was that when I was
checking the timing was that the timing didn't advance much over 20
degrees when I was reving the engine (checked with the vacuum removed).
If I remember correctly this should advance quite a bit when the engine
is reved.

Thanks for any insites,

Dana