255 cam

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 255 cam
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:59:25 -0500
I autocrossed this weekend.  It was too cold for the slicks to do well.  I
feel like my new Carrera adjustable shocks were better than the old KYB's but
the cold weather didn't let the tires heat up enough for a good comparison.  I
installed a "255" cam which made a dramatic improvement.  I don't know much
about the 255 cam except that some call it a solex II cam.  Does anyone know
the actual specs on this cam?  I would like to know the lift, duration,
overlap, etc...  Does anyone know the specs for the B-Cam?  The 255 cam was as
much improvement over the B-Cam as the B-Cam is over the A-Cam.  I was happy
to see Ted Poe at the autocross.  He is a new roadster owner.  He purchased
one of Jerry Sharp's roadsters.  It's a small world because I purchased the
other of Jerry Sharp's roadsters a couple of years ago.  Jerry Sharp was an
active list participant several years ago, but sold his cars when he moved off
and had no room to store them at his new house.

There will be an autocross this Sunday October 20th at Pennington Field in
Hurst, TX.  I will be there and Mike Steinbach with his beautifully restored
2000.  Come on out and root us on.  If you want to enter the event be there at
8:00.  It costs $25 to run and is free to watch.  There are catagories for all
types of cars and experience levels.  The first car out on course is around
11:00.

Thanks,

Andy
68 SPL W/U20 Solex II "Tetanus"