Re: Tranny No Engage

To: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny No Engage
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:35:01 -0700
Well, it's amusing as to the stuff you will find on a roadster.  Especially
stuff that is not stock.

Couldn't adjust the nut any further down for the slave and I still couldn't
get it in gear and I sure as hell did not want to pull the engine and tranny
again.

So, I unbolted the slave and started the car.  Yep the wheels went round.
Of course they did, it was up on jack stands.

I went and pulled two old slave units out of the old parts box and held them
up against the one hanging under the car and they were identical.  So, I
yanked the slave adjusting bolt out and went to the table and laid it down
next to the other two.  At first they appeared the same, but you know they
were not.  The threads stopped further away from the slave unit.  I plugged
in one of the spares and the shifting is fine.

///
///