RE: Tranny No Engage

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tranny No Engage
From: "Davies, Andrew N" <Andrew.N.Davies@team.telstra.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:58:49 +1000
I just had a similar experience with my '66 1600. I had'nt driven it for 6
months, and the clutch plate had stuck to the flywheel (rust?). To fix it, I
just put it in 1st, foot on brake + clutch & cranked her over.

However, if the clutch was working fine only a short time ago with your 5
speed, then this is probably not the problem.

Good luck
Andy in OZ