Re: Tire Question

To: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Question
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:26:14 -0400
Just to add to the confusion, I run 14x7 "minilite-look-alike" alloys with
205/60s at rear (no rubs) and 195/60, more recently, 195/55s at front (too
much void above the wheels, but a comp spring would cure that).

I don't recall the wheel offset/backspacing, but can recall taking some
time, a sharp pencil and quite a bit of hand-wringing to the problem back in
1980 when I bought the wheels.  I tried to find an offset that was neutral
with the stock wheels such that the 7" wheels and 205s wouldn't be a
problem.

- Bob Mann, '69 2000 Solex, Bridgestone RE71s