Re: headlight question - for my early 67 roadster

To: Datsun_Sports <Datsun_Sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: headlight question - for my early 67 roadster
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:21:32 -0500 (CDT)
There is a relay, on the left fender, near the air filter. There are two
relays there, the horn and the headlight. The headlight relay has 4 wires
going to it. Since your low beams work, the relay is getting power, so
either the relay is bad, the wire connecting it to the turn signal switch
is bad or the turn signal switch contact is bad.

As a test first try disconnecting the smaller wire on the headlight relay
and running a jumper from the disconnected pin to ground. With the
headlights on you should switch from low beam to high beam.

If this works then you probably have a bad connection in the turn signal
switch. Did you take it apart? The contact in there for the high beams is
easy to get out of place so it doesn't ground as it should. Take a look
and see what you see.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner