Re: Brake Master Cylinder - rebuild

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder - rebuild
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:21:45 -0700
Mark,

Which of the two seals are you looking for.  One has a very short horizontal
surface and the other has a horizontal surface about twice as long.  I just
rebuilt my master and slave cylinders over the weekend (69 2000) and I found the
short horizontal seal very easy to install, but that other one is a real
(&%$)$&.  I don't think I damaged it, and if it is the same as the rear slave
cylinders I have a couple of spares due to incorrect rear slave kits (510 I
think).  I used parts from both correct and the incorrect kits to get everything
I wanted on the 3/4" rear slaves.

If you need the longer horizontal surface I have a couple.  If they are same as
the rear slave cylinders I will mail you one.  Hopefully someone on the list can
tell us whether that is a good option for you.

Tom
69 2000
SRL311-12401