Re: 2000 Engine Building/Rebuilding...

To: grayc@rpi.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Engine Building/Rebuilding...
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:43:30 +0000
Chris, FWIW, a while back Lou Mondello told me that while some head work is
nice in the U20 (good for maybe a 5% power increase, IIRC) some really good
results can come from proper valve grinding - up to 15% increases I think he
claimed.  The reason is that the ports on the 2000 are pretty big to begin
with, I guess.  Obviously worth doing both while you're in there, IMO.

Cheers,
Steve
('68 2000 Solex)