2000 Engine Building/Rebuilding...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2000 Engine Building/Rebuilding...
From: "Chris Gray Home" <grayc@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:40:15 -0400
Fellow Roadsterers...

I am in the process of rebuilding my 2000 engine.  I am looking for guidance
on a couple things.  The bores are all within spec for a stock rebuild.  And
the crank does not need to be cut.

Should I port the head according to the competition manual if I am using
stock pistons?

Is there anything I should do to the head otherwise?

Whats the best way to paint the block and not get paint inside the block?

Were the 2000 original pistons nurled on the edges?

How hard is it to lighten pistons and connecting rods and balance them?

I'm sure i'll have more to come!
Thanks,
Chris

67 2000 # 38