Re: Brake lines

To: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake lines
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 07:53:38 -0500
Hi Allen,

First and foremost, DO NOT USE A SINGLE FLARE!  You run a very real risk of
the flange breaking and/or pulling out of the fitting.  Double flare tools
are readily available and quite easy to use.

Making brake lines is a snap.  They bend very easily and won't kink unless
you do something really radical.  Just buy the pieces you need and bend them
to follow the original.  All you need are your thumbs and fingers.

Last but not least, the fittings have a  3/8 x 24 thread.

You can see a more in-depth review of my brake endeavors at
http://home.texoma.net/~sitsinwest/srl.htm

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000