Upset at the Datsun Event

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Upset at the Datsun Event
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:37:59 EDT
Hello,

I received an email recentely that I didnt find too upsetting but more so
informative.  I sat on it for a few days and under the advisement of some
fellow Datsun members across the country I decided to forward it to the
Roadster List.  I made this decision because many of the different Roadster
clubs were mentioned in the email.

Here is the discussion for those that are interested.

> << When is this event again?  June 23rd?   Short notice, but I think we can
> come up with something.   We need all the club emblems or permissions to
> pilfer them from various websites.   I'd love to see everyone's club
> represented though.    Also, what about our fine venders out there?
> Should we put their info on these banners or posters? >>
>
> <<Hello,
> Since this is a ZONC Event we will not be setting any banners up of other
> Datsun Clubs.  Although representatives from each club are more then
> welcome. >>

<< Gee thanks... I hope ZONC has a great meet, because apparently you don't
really care about Datsun roadsters or any of the rest of us out here in the
world..   I'd love to come there, but something about over 1000 miles
separating us makes that rather difficult.   I'm sure OROC, DRONE, MADROC,
and TDROC all would also love to come, but something about SEVERAL thousand
miles might make that a tad difficult to attend.   The banner or poster
would have given a presense without necessarily having someone make that
long drive, which you didn't want to make for a proposed National Meet a
year ago.   Please, enjoy your "little" event with the big wigs of Nissan... >

I was wondering if everyone really feels the same way as this fellow Datsun
owner who sent me this email.

I hope that many of you will understand that the reason we are not displaying
banners or passing out flyers etc is because this is an event hosted by the
Blackhawk Museum and sponsored by ZONC and Nissan Motors USA.  There will be
no swap meet either.  The Blackhawk Museum is located in a shopping plaza.
Sales from the parking area is not allowed.  I understand that many are used
to swap meets and more at Datsun events.  ZONC likes these things too but the
location for this event does not provide the proper facilities for such
displays.

If you feel you would like to comment I will forward everything to the ZONC
Board at the next meeting.  Or maybe some of you would rather just drop the
subject.  I hope nobody is getting their feelings hurt over this.  I really
do like Datsun Roadsters.  As a matter of fact, I dont even own a Z.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
ZONC / BADROC