Re: More info on Center Caps

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: More info on Center Caps
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:07:45 -0400
For all:
My tire guy went on a rampage after I showed him
the previous E-mails about people getting 2.25
center caps and located some for me.  They were
$10 each, plastic, and dont fit.  I am going to return
3 of them, I destroyed one trying to modify it to fit.

The problem is with my Libras (I forget who actually
manufactured them, its printed inside), the snap things
on the cap have to be a certain length to push in
and then expand out and snap the cap on.  My cap
snap things dont reach in far enough (or my Libras
inside shoulder for the snap things is too far in....)

So, for now, I am just going to say that I'm saving
a few ounces of unsprung weight, and not worry about
it.  I will be looking for different wheels with an offset to
allow better fender clearance some day anyway.
The Libras just look so cool and retro on the roadster....

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va