Re: Shock Installation questions...help needed

To: "David Totah" <dstotah@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock Installation questions...help needed
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:56:26 -0400
Gas shocks need to be bled. Undo the straps and in an upright position pump
the shocks several times to get air out of the shock that may have
accumulated while in the box. I installed gas shocks on my Miata (Konis) and
Integra (Tokico) and each manufacturer said to bleed the shocks before
installation.

They shouldn't be that hard to compress - mine weren't.

BTW, use a nylock nut as there is rubber on the shock mounts to which the
nut compresses. A spring washer is NG.

Mike