Yet another newbie question

To: datsun-roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yet another newbie question
From: Thomas Wolfe <tomwolfe@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:23:48 -0600
To all,

Hypothetical situation: suppose I don't yet own a Roadster
(true, that) and I've decided that whatever roadster I get
will probably not be for restoring.  Instead, I plan to
install a different engine completely than what came in
them.  Maybe even something on the large side, like a 3.3L
engine.  I like the low windshield ones, but for the sake of
this one, let's assume there's no partiality.  My question
would be - Is there a particular year that has a better
(stronger, easier to get parts, etc.) year to start with, or
are they all engineered about the same?  What year car would
be a good candidate if you were looking at it this way?

Oh, and I have to say thanks for all the input ya'll have
given to me.  I don't think it's said enough, but this is
truely a GREAT group of people.  I'm glad I joined.

Thom