OT - 6-speed tranny

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - 6-speed tranny
From: "Leigh Brooks" <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:36:37 -0500
Just got an email from Nissan about pre-ordering the 350Z. I'm not
going for one, but I did check out the specs. Seems the
"performance" model is the only one with LSD. Of course they have
the "boulevardier" version as well (geez isn't that what killed the Z
in the first place?)

My question though, is about 6-speed trannys. They seem to be all
the rage these days. Miatas have gone to them, but it puts the 2-3
shift in a really bad place for auto-xing. Is this true for all 6-speeds.
And is this a case of "one more must be better" marketing vs.
engineering?

Leigh Brooks
BADROC