Leaky Solexes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaky Solexes
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:39:20 -0800
I got my car running again (Yea!) Almost blew it up (Boo!)

Well the head is back on after it's short stay at the machine shop for new
seats. I thought that this would be a good time to try out my pair of early
Solexes and return Andrew's late set, that I have been using since last
Solvang.

I took my try-out ride and it ran good, except for moderate bogging in the
low RPMs. I stopped in front of the house and popped the hood and saw
gasoline POURING out of both bores of the rear carb! As you can Imagine, I
couldn't have shut that car of faster. Especially, when you consider, how
much sputtering and popping those solexes were doing, I must have lucked out
I didn't ignite that pool of gas!

What did I miss?