Re: Do you remember your first Datsun Roadster

To: Eschcool2@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Do you remember your first Datsun Roadster
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:00:59 -0800 (PST)
Ugh, not me.  My first RL411, now, that's another story.  It was my
first Datsun, I was 16, it was 19, and had 72k original miles, $650
"unrestored" in 1986.  I'd buy that one back in a heartbeat.  Was the
famed SSS model, which despite what people say only means engine #
greater than 40,000.

My first Roadster was a '68 1600 that I bought for $350 - red, of
course.  Ran but I had no idea what I was doing.  Missing all the smog
parts, had Z hubcaps, ignition switch was bad so the previous owner
wired a button on the dash.  I wired the plug wires clockwise instead
of counter, so it would go vroom POP, vroom POP, vroom POP!  Gas shot
out the carbs (no flames, at least).  Hey, two out of four cylinders
firing isn't bad!  Well, it's half bad...

Really wasn't that bad a car if I knew what I know now (I officially
have "a clue" but nothing more).

--- Eschcool2@aol.com wrote:
> So are you going to buy it back?
>
> If I had a chance to buy back my first roadster I would jump on it
> for sentimental reasons of course.
>
> Jeff E.
> 69 2000
> 68 1600 (first roadster long gone)