Re: Junkyard wheel finds in SOCAL

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Junkyard wheel finds in SOCAL
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:22:33 -0800
One basic question, HOPEFULLY for the last time.  The steel Z wheels,
which I understand to be 5.5" wide instead of the 4.5" roadster wheel, DO
THEY FIT THE ROADSTER WITH NO MODIFICATIONS OR NOT ???  It seems that
everytime we get into this conversation, I am soon lost by stud length and
circumference discussions that branch off into all directions.  My desire
would be to CHEAPLY pick up a pair of 5.5" steeel Z wheels, get some wider
tires for my 69 SRL (hopefully the 5.5" would handle 195/60/14's, if not
then I'd go with 185/60/14's), slap them on the Roadster with the existing
lug nuts, remount my current hubcaps, and off we go into the wild blue
yonder !!!  Am I naive and stupid and it simply can't be that simple?  Any
width increase would be a HUGE improvement over my current stock wheel
with 165/70/14 worn Pirelli set-up.  Thanks in advance.

69 SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR (Raining again and the Roadster pretty much parked for the
winter except for extremely sunny days)

eric johnson <snakeranch2@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
11/26/2001 05:44 PM