Re: [240z.org] Roadster

To: "Pre-Zee" <Pre_Z@msn.com>, <Datsundude@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [240z.org] Roadster
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:46:23 -0500
George,

If they are the original mounts they're probably shot. Oil, grease, gas,
ozone, uv, and heat kills the rubber and they get mushy and soft.

When I pulled a few engines and thought the mounts were still good I
compared them to several new ones I have in my basement and it was then I
realized how soft they became.

I know of only rubber mounts available, forget about hydraulic ones. Of
course if you're a masochist you could have aluminum ones made up.

Mike