3rd times a charm

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 3rd times a charm
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:28:57 -0700
Dear Roadster list,

Yesterday I ran in my 3rd Autox, and I beat someone!!!

In my first Autox, I was the only ES entry, then in my second
Autox, I came in 3rd out of 3 ES entries, but yesterday I came
home first with one other ES entry (a Civic).  It gets more and
more fun with each event.  I was alot more aggressive yesterday,
starting to learn what me and my car can do.

Unfortunately, on my 6th and last run, my car started running
poorly.  Pulled off the valve cover and it looks like the
rear-most rocker arm stud (which I recently heli-coiled) has
come loose again.  Man, what a disappointment.  I try to preach
to myself to "Do it right, once"...

Oh well, I'm still happy.  Had a couple of friends go out there
with me, gave em both rides, you should've seen how big their eyes got.
It's got to be alot easier to drive, than to ride.

Later...Robert - 67.5 1600 - Abq

///
///