Re: CA YOM black plates bill

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CA YOM black plates bill
From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:23:01 -0700
It will work they way it currently does for the pre-63 yellow plates. You
can register a car with an existing set of "clear" plates. The numbers must
not already be in use. The yellow and black plates (and possibly the blue)
used the same number sequence. I've heard that the number must also be
appropriate for the year - a '67.5 should have a number starting with T,U,
or V - a '63 A or B and so on.

A friend just got yellow plates for his '62 Volvo (last year currently
eligible) and they started with X.

Leigh Brooks
BADROC