Re: CA YOM black plates bill

To: shifty@best.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CA YOM black plates bill
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:34:12 EDT
> Potential good news for California roadster owners! There is a bill in the
> legislature that would allow Year Of Manufacture black plates for cars made
> from 1963-1969.
>
> http://www.calpl8s.com/cpnews.html
> http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_834&sess=CUR&hous
> e=B
> I really want a set of black plates on my 2000 project.

Hello,

I have a great set of black plates for my 67.5 SRL.  I have been trying to
get them on the car but the DMV is just too tough on me.  I even went to some
small town, Tukelake, Ca about 400 miles north of SF and she was brutal.  She
told me that it had to be the actual plates off of the car.  She wanted proof
by old documentation.

With this new bill does it mean that I can use them even though they were
never part of my car?

Calspeed