Re: license plate headsup

To: Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: license plate headsup
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:21:35 -0700 (PDT)
In Sacramento, when pulled over for running a red light (it was barely
red) I was also ticketed for not having a front license plate.  I had
the "made in Japan" in Japanese front plate on my Toyota truck (which
was actually built in Canada) after the license plate, along with the
front of the truck, was crushed in an accident a few years earlier.
The license plate ticket didn't have a fee attached except what was due
to the DMV (which required that I change my plate number as they don't
reissue lost plate numbers) and I had to show the CHP that I had
replaced them.

--- Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I heard on the radio that LA is going to start ticketing cars that do
> not
> have a front license plate. Seems that some clever motorists have
> discovered
> that intersections with automated 'red light' traps installed cannot
> send
> you a ticket if you have no front plate to photograph. Oh well. If
> you drive
> in LA, better stop powershifting through those yellow lights and dig
> that
> front plate out of the garage!
>
> Paul Bauman
> Westminster, CA