Re: license plate headsup

To: Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: license plate headsup
From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:10:26 -0700
California legislators have tried several times over the years to eliminate
front license plate, to save money, but the CHP has managed to keep them  each
time. My dad caught a number of stolen cars in his 20 years on the Patrol by
spotting different plates front and rear (bad guys steal a plate from another
car and replace just the rear plate on a hot car, hoping to get away before the
plate itself is reported stolen).

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA