Re: Redline tranny oil blues! & PVGP weekend approaches.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Redline tranny oil blues! & PVGP weekend approaches.
From: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:41:43 -0500
After I rebuilt my 5-speed trans in the 2L I realized that I should have
replaced the syncros.  Second gear chunked at any fast shift. I was using
Valvoline 90 wt.   Someone, probably on this list, suggested going to a
synthetic product so I bought the only Redline gearoil available at the
race shop near me and it was a 75wt, I think called MTB.  It worked well.
I only get a chunk if doing a speed shift while racing and only then if my
timing is off.  I also have no additional leaks.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-458-7829
pager 800-759-8888 pin#  8710561