2L Chain Tensioner

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 2L Chain Tensioner
From: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:31:51 -0500
I have noticed of late that when I start the 2L after sitting for a day or
more I do get the evil L rub noise until pressure is up.  Usually only a
second but enough to cause worry.  I saw the use of washers to hold the
tensioner out during oil drain and it looks good but I was thinking about
the use of a spring for that.  Has anyone tried a stiff spring, slightly
larger than the outside diameter of the tensioner shaft, to hold the chain
taut ? That surely must be easy to find and not too difficult to install
and might be better than the washers used in the example shown a few weeks
ago.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-458-7829
pager 800-759-8888 pin#  8710561