'67.5 Roadster for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: '67.5 Roadster for sale
From: "Brian" <b.dooley1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:48:57 -0700
It is with a heavy heart that I put my Roadster up for sale.  Some of you are
farmiliar with it here in So. Cal already, but for the rest I will give a full
description.
'67.5 1600.  Yellow in color with a semi-gloss black hood and chin spoiler.
Very good body with pretty much no rust.  Paint is a bit faded.  Heavily
modified, starting with a twin cam, 16 valve FJ20 motor. 44mm Solex carbs, HKS
intake manifold, electronic ignition, Centerforce dual friction clutch, FJ20
turbo five speed, custom made 6 quart oil pan and Earl's billet remote oil
filter system. It has a brand new 2000 alternator, new starter, and new
voltage regulator.  The cooling is taken care of via a 2000 radiator with
thermostatically controlled 14" electric fan.  Custom 2.25 exhaust ending in a
Supertrapp muffler.  2000 grille, and CDM chin spoiler up front.  The
suspension consists of comp front springs, comp front sway bar, Koni shocks
all around, custom made front lower spring perches, and 16 inch tuner wheels
with Michelin Pilot tires.  The interior features a custom carbon fiber dash
with full Autometer Ultralite guages.  A custom made climate control panel now
houses a Blaupunkt stereo and fuel gauge.  A shortened shifter ends with a
Greddy billet shift knob.  Aluminum pedal covers compliment the shift knob as
well.  The cabin also was recovered with a CDM carpet kit and cloth soft top
less than three years ago.  CRX-Si seats take the place of the originals, with
only the drivers side having a fair size wear patch on it.  The brakes are
stock, but with a brand new master cylinder. The car is not a show car, yet.
It could easily become one with a bit more work.  It is though, extremely fun
to drive.  Without a doubt the fastest Roadster you will see, short of forced
induction.  It can spin both tires through three gears if you're not careful.
I have a fair amount of spares to go with the car, including a second hood, a
few interior pieces, spare windshield, and a spare FJ20.  This one is apart at
the moment, but will come with a copious amount of brand new parts.  These
include both chains, gears, guides, valve buckets, tensioners, almost a
complete gasket set including a specially made copper head gasket, and timing
cover with built in oil pump.  As stated, these are all in Nissan boxes with
the exception of the gaskets.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but you get
the idea.  The car is in San Diego and I have all the reciepts for it going
back several years.  There you have it.  I'm asking for $8200 for all the
above.  Thanks for listening.
                                                 Brian