Re: Distributor Question: Solved

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Distributor Question: Solved
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:24:22 -0700
No extra parts were purchased, just replacements of sensors I had that
didn't work and which I needed to get anyway.  Thanks for all the advice,
for I did in fact learn something I may be able to use in the future.  I
was shocked about the ignition being fused as well, assuming it was a
direct hot link.  If you look at the fuse box cover, there are boxes on the
exterior edges which label which circuites are controlled.  Just interior
to that are longer boxes, one of which is marked IGN (the left side), and
the other is marked Ammeter.  Don't know exactly what the hell that means,
unless the one side flows throught the ignition circuit while the other
side is off the voltage regulator/ammeter circuit??  In any event, I have
my voltage regulator disabled due to the one wire GM alt I put in, but
everything seems to be working well.  Thanks again for your help.