Re: Side trim install

To: "nruff" <nruff@famvid.com>
Subject: Re: Side trim install
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:59:04 -0500
nruff wrote

>Everything is finally starting to come together!  I've been polishing the
>side trim and am getting ready for install.
>
>Has anyone found or used an alternative side trim clip?  I have a majority
>of the originals but they have some surface rust.  I'm not adverse to using
>them but want to avoid any rust stains.  Also, what about using a small dab
>of silicone or equivalent around the trim holes to keep to keep moisture
>from getting behind the panels and rusting inside out?  Just thinking....
>
>BTW, the shasta pictures were great!
>Thanks!
>Nathan

First, check our vendors, I imagine they have something suitable.
Failing that, Metro Molded Parts  sell a variety of universal trim clips.
 The silicone sounds like a go to me, I've heard of some folks fixing
their badges and emblems with silicone instead of the spring clips
normally used.

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX