Re: OT Comments from a now Non-Virgin Shasta Go-er

To: "kerry zariwny" <kzariwny@home.com>,
Subject: Re: OT Comments from a now Non-Virgin Shasta Go-er
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:04:52 -0700
Hi Kerry,

I'm happy to have finally met you in person after seeing your website many
times and talking via emails. Me famous? No way, unless it's for mangling
everyone's names. Sorry I got Kae's name wrong a coupla times (and probably
50 other people too). I spent the last few days before Shasta with solvents,
glue and paint for my new interior, so that's my excuse for being
brain-dead. (Well, also the beers contributed.) Just about everyone I know
rushed around the last week to ready their cars for Shasta. And even though
Daniel's interior and bumpers were'nt quite ready, he received the 3rd place
Modified 2000 award. Congrats Daniel, your talents for the incredible are
getting well-deserved recognition!

As you said, great to see the people. For me the highlight of going is
seeing the Almazan's. There are some quiet heroes behind the efforts of
putting together the show. Michael Carion came up with the idea of
presenting an award from Badroc to Phyllis Almazan for all her hard work
over the years. At the awards banquet, everyone got to their feet to applaud
Phyllis. Now that's a cool experience!

Fred "the katman" - So.SF
P.S. I want to see that cow, just for laughs mind you!
http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz