Removing floor board insulator very fast!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing floor board insulator very fast!
From: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:37:42 +0200
Hi all,
a few weeks ago someone had it about removing that tarmac stuff on the
inner floor boards.
A had to do the same.
I tried a spatula, like the ones you use to apply plaster.
My goodness!!! 10 minutes for a 10 cm square.
A search my body shop for something else.
Tried very strong abrasive paper on a machine. Stuff went hot and the
paper became useless.
Searched for another tool.
Found a compressed air hammer with spatule, normaly used to cut sheet
metal.
Tried it on the floor and .....
25 minutes later both sides of the car were stripped to the sheet
metal.
In fact, the air gun made the floor board vibrate and the insulator
crack.
Everytime I shocked the floor with the hammer I removed pieces of 5-10
cm2.
Will post some pictures of tool and floor tomorrow.
Chris-The Belgian Roadster
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1424148&a=10670695&f=0